Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Communal Listen In On Project Echo

A Communal Listen In On Project Echo

These photos are from my last ever art school crit session, until I decide to get a masters, anyway!

Normally one would set up their work in an ideal situation/location before presenting to an audience for feedback. As Project Echo is a radio station made specifically to not be received in an ‘art gallery context’, but instead in the private homes, workplaces and ‘venues’ (as I call them) of unsuspecting individuals I went a bit more casual than most.
My turn comes up, so the crit group follows me to a sunny corridor near the studios. I say my work is on the radio and everyone gets comfortable while I give a brief introduction. I then turn the stereo on, flick to the radio, scroll through the stations till I find mine and leave the group to listen for a few minutes while I snap some documentary pics.

Follow this link for more information and free sonic downloads of Project Echo.

A Communal Listen In On Project Echo