Saturday, October 2, 2010

New Changes For Some Old Zines

Issues - new changes

I’ve been making a few changes to some of my zines.
The glue binding on Issues had the tendency to stick to other surfaces if not moved for a while, a quick, cute and simple solve with a strip of Japanese paper tape is all that was needed.

I calculated that I have looked in the back of over a thousand library books to make the number of Issues I have bound!

Escape from the Mainland - new changes

Escape from the Mainland is now printed on lightly coloured archival paper, “sand” as it’s called.
The map is not pull out like it was before, being stapled into the spine, but is instead folded and held in the centre page with striped paper clips.
The edges are trimmed to remove the frustrating mandatory photocopier border, and the corners are punched to a nice quarter circle.
The spine is covered with a Japanese paper tape; it hides the crumbling toner common to many zines after some use.

Escape from the Mainland - new changes